Friday, April 18, 2008

My life for the past 2 months

Well things have been rocking in Jennyville.
I feel alive and passionate about life again. I just graduated with a Bachelors in Elementary Education. I was kind of bummed I was only an internship away from getting a minor in Dance, but I have decided to pursue that when I get back to Vegas. I am in Fort Worth visiting family for a week.

My graduation was...weird. I can't believe it is over. I am going to be working for the rest of my life. Since my life has been renewed although, I have so many plans. I am currently in the process of writing my book: New Eyes. It is great to be home. I am surrounded by my journals, letters, and emails that people remember about me and it's all being compiled in this book that I hope will be published and out in the stores by December. It will happen.

I was typing the chapter about my mission yesterday and it amazes me how the Lord was blessing me all along. I was just too wallowed up in myself that I couldn't see the amazing blessings he was drowning me with. Ah! But it is amazing to me now!

I have also decided to pursue a career in Motivational Speaking. I think I'll start small and speak to EFY kids and youth of the church. I think my message could also help older people, but with a career in teaching which I absolutely love, I want to have a life as well. In about two years, I'll probably make my way to Grad. school and get a masters in Administration. I would love to be a principal. I just have the attitude for it :)

On top of all of this, my ultimate career goal is to be a dance teacher. So I must get to work on this as well.

As far as my dating life goes, well it's been exciting as of last week, but still no prominent guy stands out to me. I am OK with that. I like a boy from about a month ago, but was surprised to find that both of us got the answer of "not right now." He got his before mine, but as I was traveling to SLC for conference, I recognized my frustration and anxiety as probably not a good sign that it's time for me to date him. So after I got that answer, I was so happy God was answering me that I am fine with what he wants me to do. Amazing how I'm constantly changing.

I'm applying to a couple of school districts: TX, Utah, Idaho Falls, and Las Vegas. I probably will apply to Georgia when I go down in a month, but for now, Las Vegas is my high roller. I am kind of waiting around until after their hiring freeze. New teachers usually don't get hired until mid-May or June. So I am bumming around, writing my book, and deciding my plans for the summer. Life is good!!!!

No comments: