Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hoole...and other distractions

I've recently gotten into this amazing book series. Actually my life is kind of trapped in them currently. It is great to have a break from home...but there reasons to hide myself in my room. So I read this amazing book series in the meantime.

My classes have been doing their expedition on birds. Bird this..birds that. Well during the summer when I was researching to get myself ready I came across a book called Capture by Kathryn Lasky. It was amazing. It taught lessons about how you should follow your heart and cling to your past to help you make decisions in the future. It was about owl kingdoms that were in danger of complete and utter distraction, if not for the Guardians of GaHoole who rise each night to perform noble deeds, make strong the weak, vanquish the proud...etc. I read the first one to my crew and we ended up reading the first three together. Well since I have so much time on my hands I am now on book 9. I have slowed a bit because I got all the seasons of Office for Christmas...and my eyes hurt from scanning back and forth. So I have had a chronic headache the last few days. But still I am enthralled. It has "captured" my attention even more than the Twilight or Harry Potter series. It teaches lessons about the gizzard (the heart).

It is my outlet for the time being...but changes are coming and I feel them. There are so many goals I have myself for this coming up year. I want to start writing again and preparing my motivational talks. I want to do something outlandish this summer....possibly Germany in the near future. I miss a dear friend there. I want to look into starting my Masters. I'm impatient to have my own family...but I guess I should be using this time wisely. I hear so many couples wishing that they would have found each other later in life so they could achieve their single dreams. I feel no such hold back. I can't wait for the day that I no longer have to fill my time with unfulfilled dreams to be accomplished by myself. I'm ready to work as a team player.

In the meantime...books, writing, teaching, occasional dating, dancing, and keeping myself on the straight and narrow!

1 comment:

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Sounds like a good book series. I will have to check it out. Hey Germany? Speaking of which do you know how I could get in touch with Leander? If so please let me know on my blog. Hope you and your family had a very merry christmas. Hope you come visit soon. Amber is here now and Jenny Curlee will be here the end of February. Dave is out at LDSBC you need to look him up unless you are already in contact. He is thinking of teaching I think. he would be an amazing teacher don't you think? Keep in touch and let me know about Leander