So I really have alot of things I need to work on this year! I did extremely well the first three months and then just dropped off my rocker.
I started to see a downward slope when I stopped doing the every day things: writing in my journal, not reading scriptures like I should, being lax on the way I converse with people, and prayers.
I made alot of "friends" that just wanted to make out with me and that just lowered all the expectations for myself. And I started cussing every once in awhile---especially with Jeremy!
So here are some things I want to work on:
- Definitely want to limit the pop music I listen to. I love it because I can dance easily to it, but it's so degrading and it wears on my mood.
- I want to continue to take the St. John's Wart, counseling. and write in the weekly journal. But this time I'll flip the journal over and do it backwards because the front ones have already been done.
- I want to take better care of myself...aka exercise. I'm going to sign up at the Weber College gym. It is not great I am sure, but it's local and I live close enough to it.
- For my Jesus present this year, I put that I want to get my MRS. I have not put that ever on my goals because I was so scared it wouldn't happen. But I really want that...so I am going to be more of a rabbit this year! That means letting the guys call me, ask me out, and become interested in me. That also means that I can't give them too much at one time, save those cuddling moments only for people that I date, and to bounce back easily when I am rejected.
- My poor students....sometimes I just don't have enough energy. I just can't give enough to them. I try and try to work on lessons but I am just not motivated enough. So I am going to set aside....Wednesday to plan my lessons. I am going to work on it until I am blue in the face. My students deserve to have their class prepared.
- Spiritual goals are by far the more important goals for me this year: I need to attend the temple on a regular scheduled school week at least once a week, and at least once every two weeks when I am still in driving distance of 30 minutes. Summertime seemed to be busy so at least once a month for those summer months. Scripture STUDY is a must. Some days are great and sometimes I have to force myself to read one chapter. I hate that I'm not dedicated all the time. Then my prayers need extra work. Because my schedule is getting permanent, I should be getting better at morning prayers...but yet it is something I've always struggled with. So I want to work on that. And my night prayers need to be full of more gratitude. I definitely need to be more supportive of my dad as he is struggling with his own spiritual progress. I want to be more supportive to my mother and brothers as well. We all are having our own spiritual battles and I should not make it harder on them.
SO now for the fun ones!
- Snowboarding/skiing for the first time
- EFY counselor this summer
- Write more on my book...take time off when needed
- Continue with my children book series
- Keep dancing..at least once a month
- Want to travel internationally (Definitely Germany)
- Work on my motivational talks
- This might be impossible, but I've always wanted to learn to play the piano.
Ok that is it for now. I always get my craziest ideas in the middle of the year so I am sure this list will continue to be updated. Which is good...it means I am constanly working on my goals.

No comments:
Post a Comment