Saturday, September 15, 2012

Life continues

It's been a month of adjustment for the Rabe Family!  I have had a particularly hard time going back to work (My boss has commented several times that I am grumpy!)  Well a teacher cannot thrive in that kind of atmosphere!  After the first time saying it, it really starts to feel like he is targeting me.  I have tried extra hard to be cheerful, but I think he mistakes my sarcasm as unhappiness.  Gotta work on that!

I have a rough bunch of kids this year that constantly have me on my toes!  The first week a boy put a stapler all the way through his finger!  He's a crazy one.  They are all sweet kids, it just takes some time to adjust to them.

It was so hard to drop Freddy off with the babysitter for the first official time.  It is getting easier, but I breathe a sigh of relief when I pick little Freddy up in the afternoon knowing I get to spend the rest of the day with him and Fred.  We do have a great babysitter though.  Chelsea is perfect, and she has a one year old that little Freddy watches and smiles at all day.  :)

I worried that when I picked up Freddy in the afternoon I would be frustrated, tired, and would not want to act as "mommy!"  The opposite has happened although and he rejuvenates me and helps me forgot about my worries.  I love this little boy more than words can say.  We are praying Fred gets a job in Ogden with MarketStar now that his year mark is past.  No luck so far, but we are praying.  Two hour commutes there and back, really wears on him.

We are also praying that my mom finds a job closer to us...it would sure be great to have my family near us.  I love having the Rabe family near us.  We have so many fun times together.  I feel so lucky to have married into such a wonderful family close by.  I never had family growing up near to me, and it such a good change. We have dinners on Sunday, holidays together, and we try to be there for the little and big events.  I never ad that and it would be great to have both families nearby.

Well this is us n a nutshell....a new happy family!

No comments: