I worried I would be so tired at the end of each school day and I would be annoyed that I would have another "child" to take care of. This has not been so, although the toddler years are not here yet :)
My babysitter has children at my school, so occasionally I see her volunteering and I run to find Freddy. I eat lunch with him and go to my classroom, lock the door, and just squeeze every moment I can with him. There is nothing I want more in this world than to be at home with him. But that is not an option right now, and I am trying to make the most of it. I know stay at home moms get tired of staying at home, pursuing their own dreams, or feel like they can't escape the madness. And I feel for them...but not alot. What I wouldn't give to not have to work, but to just stay at home raising, being, and loving my children. I guess it has helped me appreciate every special moment, and other than losing sleep every once in awhile, I feel no need to whine, complain, or vent. I relish every moment I can, and pray in the future, things will be different.
But for now, we are doing the best we can. We've made so many repairs, and yet, our house looks so decrepit from the outside (Next summer :) We fulfill our church callings. We love being with our extended family. We love being together.

No comments:
Post a Comment