Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Election of Never

Wow...I must report on the Election lessons I have learned over the last few weeks.  I do not want a repeat in four years.

I had never voted until this election....ever.  I was always in another state and needed an out-of-state ballot.  I also didn't care much about the leaders of a state I didn't even live in for the majority of the year.  I moved to Utah and five years later, I finally got a Utah licence   When they asked me if I wanted to register as a voter, there was no question in my mind.  This election coming up between Romney/Obama was too crucial.

With Freddy being born recently, I felt I owed it to him to try to vote for who I thought were good leaders.  They would impact him now as well and that worried me.  Actually it caused me great a deal of stress and anxiety.

I did not know enough about either one of the candidates to really judge, although I cling to the Republican side more than I do the Democratic side.  Romney was the Republican shoe-in and even though he was wishy-washy at times, I knew that America needed a change.  It seemed people had voted in Obama in the first place because they wanted to see an African American in the White House.  My friends down south would assume I am racist with this comment, but if you are not fit for the job, it doesn't matter what color you are.  Obama was not fit for the job, thus the trillions of dollars of debt we now have.

I posted different ads and campaigns that might help convince the other party how wrong they were about their choice.  I wanted to post a few, but I also want to put this behind me and not remember how I behaved.  I should have positively portrayed my side without bias, and encouraged others to become politically involved.  

Most would assume I would vote for Romney because he is a member of my church.  I am a very devout LDS member, who is imperfect mind you.  But that does not mean everyone is.  I admit that one good thing about Romney not making President is that the LDS church will not be in the spotlight and under the heavy scrutiny of ignorant and critical people.

More than anything in the world, I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true and that Heavenly Father is in charge.  Not Obama, and when I felt that assurance after the results were in, I knew then that I could deal with this new change.  I needed to stop putting my trust in Romney.  Stop putting my trust in the common man to open their eyes to see the truth.  Stop mud-slinging political propaganda that only made opposers upset, and open my own eyes to see that whatever was going to happen did happen.

I feel at peace with this new knowledge that I have learned.  That God is in charge and he has allowed this to happen.  And now is the time to be the best Christian I can be and rise above the dust.

No comments: