Ok today was awesome.
I have had so much fun with my crew at school. I am like their homeroom base teacher, but I've had them the last part of the day (2 1/2 hrs) for expedition. I'll be sad when they rotate in a week. The characteristic we were working on this week was adventure. We built forts and watched Hoot (A movie about protecting birds). We've bonded a lot lately and I feel like they are my kids. I had to be so strict in the beginning, but I am loosening up because they are getting better at following directions. It's my other English classes that I haven't had for very long that I am have to pull the reins pretty hard with.
With every class, I did a hip-hop routine with and they loved it. They were like, "Ms. Flake! You're awesome. You move so fast." Good thing they don't know that I'm on the bottom of the "best dancer" line. But I seriously love to dance. That is my "out." I feel free...like I am home. I have realized lately how little of dancing I have been doing, and it really is having an effect on my attitude. So Eliza and I are dancing in the talent show. That will be interesting. She's like ghetto girl and I am Ballroom chick!
My school has this big gymnasium and I am thinking of going in after school and getting back into my clog and jazz. I miss it. I will have to reteach myself. It's been awhile and I have become more self-conscious. I really want to ballroom dance again. That is my true passion. But the problem is...finding the perfect partner. The one that moves with you...and not against you. Who leads with a gentle hand and who shares the same passion you do. Very difficult. I'm working on it though! I want to one day do a cabaret with someone. That is my ultimate dream. Oh besides running and touring my own dance company and performing professionally. That will take some more effort and training on my part. I'm only a silver dancer so there is much work to do!
Oh and then the best part of the day- My students chose service to work on last week. They chose a service project....giving appreciation baskets to each teacher. They loved handing them out to the teachers and I know the teachers liked it! Then I find out that the school is doing an article on it in the school newspaper. Awesome huh!
Ok the best of the best news is that I was chosen to attend the EL (Expeditionary Learning) Conference in SLC for three days. EL is the type of Charter school we are and there are certain protocols we learn and apply in our teaching and we're all new to it, so I am honored that I was chosen. It will be a blast getting with other teachers that have the same passion about teaching that I do. Plus the EL trainers are HOOOOTTT!!! :0
Had to throw that tid-bit in. But hey I can! I am single. Yay! It's fun at times. Right now it's a blast. Poor Sam. He wants me to settle down and date him, but I am just having way too much checking out my options. I know how Kevin felt now and I am very much more sympathetic. If you don't feel it, why settle. I am so glad he didn't. I don't think he is quite right for me. I need someone to want me more than just for a good kiss.
Well I have a date today and tomorrow with Sam. I have a blind date with someone on Wednesday and I am going to Idaho to have a few more dates with friends from school. Life is good. Just give me a day...it will be a train wreck soon. That's the roller coaster of life. It's down and now it's up again.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment