So my weekend was crazy in Idaho. It was so fun to drive back with Ang. We got there at about 7 and went on a triple date with someone from my mission. Dennis. He's a riot and we had a lot of fun minus a few misunderstandings.
I went to the Latin dance and I almost cried cause my favorite dance partner, Reef, was not there. Actually a lot of my friends were gone and I realized that my life is slipping in and out of other people's lives so quickly that it sometimes leaves me feeling empty.
Looking back on school years, I would have best friends. Ashley and Lynsey were my best friends who lived next door and we were pretty much tight until high school slammed us into different paths. I had a few others: Arlene, Jenna, Kellie, Miguel, Seth, Leander, etc etc. Where are they today? Far away! Some of them I have no idea what they are doing. Why is that we make and lose friends. Why can't friends be friends forever? People have the commitment level of a teaspoon these days and I am feeling that especially lately in the friendship department.
Ok I am done venting. So the rest of the weekend kind of dragged because I realized my friends weren't in Idaho anymore and that my life was completely separated from theirs. Sad in some ways, but I guess I am lucky I've been able to have so many friends in my life. I just wonder how consistent the relationship really was. Was it out of convenience? Who knows? But I do miss my friends. I am one to keep up with people for years, but it is hard when that notion is not returned. So to all my old and new friends, I love and miss you wherever you are! ;)
I miss K. On Sunday night I was calling him and every time I dialed his number it said the line was busy. I got so frustrated. I thought, "Well maybe he blocked me from his phone." Then I just fumed a little. This is all at about 10:30 when I am supposed to be having sweet dreams. After ten minutes of pouting, he calls. It had been two weeks. I miss his voice. I miss his eyes. I miss his touch. I miss his laugh. I miss his red face. I miss K! Dreadfully! I started shaking when I was talking to him and it took me about an hour after he called to calm down. We only talked twenty minutes, but other than the sometimes violent shake, I haven't felt so peaceful in awhile. I miss him. There is just no denying that I love that boy!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment