I love my Old Testament institute class. I love the guy who is teaching it also. He was a bishop in the last ward I served in on my mission. He is amazing! Actually I have a high respect for any bishop. They have extremely hard jobs.
Tonight's topic was on trials and tribulations. For some reason, I think my life is filled with these "trials." We read Job and some of Jonah. I realized my trials were minute compared to theirs. But then again we can't compare our trials with others. I am sure Job would have a hard time with dating rejection as well :)
It was interesting to think about why trials are given to us or how they come about,
4 reasons:
-We bring them upon ourselves because of poor actions
-We have them in our lives because of the the poor actions of others whom God can't take their choices away just to make sure the sinners are condemned
-God wants us to learn and progress
-Some trials come through the natural occurrence of life (old life, cancer, tornadoes, etc)
I have been one to curse God for getting the same trial over and over, but I think I just haven't learned what He wants me to learn. Anyway it definitely put some things in perspective tonight.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment