Monday, February 18, 2008

A new one

There is a guy who likes me and he's way nice. Story of my life...despite what everyone thinks, I am not anxious to start a relationship. I like guys until they are either rude to me or they become interested. My brother and I have this same twisted thinking. We like what we can't have and when we have it, we don't want it anymore. Ahh such is life. One day we'll find what we're looking for and then the search will be over, but curses until we get there.

So I am torn whether to fight my fears of dating and give him a chance even though there is no physical attraction or chemistry, or wait until I feel it. I don't exactly "feel" it very often. In fact, once I like a guy, it takes quite awhile for me to "unlike' them. Although if they move to "Alaska," spit in my face with rudeness and ignorance, or have any other wordly and hurtful behavior, it speeds up the process.

I've spent the last week with this individual. I've given him quite a few hours. So how much time is enough to give to someone? I was driving with him today and a thought hit me. This thought made me exceptionally mad at all those who have led me on in the past, unknowingly and knowingly. I refuse to be that way to another person. It's their life too. They should feel some type of control.
I guess another week wouldn't hurt but I honestly want to draw my own blood before I settle in a relationship with someone I don't feel that "feeling" with. Good thing I am the only one reading this. I do love writing. :)

1 comment:

Hop said...

You're the only one reading this?